PRIVACY STATEMENT ‘OpenTherm Association’ (OTA)
Who is the controller?
OTA, located in Zoetermeer at Zilverstraat 69, is the controller responsible for the processing of personal data.
Personal data that we process
OTA processes personal data of you because your company is a member of OTA, you use our services, because you provide information to us yourself, or because you are a stakeholder of us.
Personal data that we process are:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Other personal data that you have provided to us by correspondence or by telephone, such as participation in an activity or a question to OTA.
Why do we need data?
OTA processes personal data in order to provide you with the best possible service.
- Membership affairs
- Sending our newsletter and / or invitations
- Use of OTA services
How long do we retain personal data?
OTA does not store personal data for longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which this data is collected.
Share with others
OTA does not provide the (personal) data you provide to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of an agreement or to fulfill a legal obligation.
Based on which legal grounds we use your data?
OTA uses the personal data for the purposes described above and processes your personal data only if you have given permission for it, it is necessary for the implementation of the (membership) agreement, because you and we have an interest that outweighs the use of your data, or because it has to according to the law.
What rights do you have in the context of the privacy law?
OTA believes it is important that you can exercise the rights that you are entitled to by law. That is why it is very easy to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. OTA will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than four weeks.
You can exercise the following rights:
- the right of inspection: you have the right to inspect the personal data we process about you;
- the right of correction: if the personal data we process about you are not correct, then you have the right to adjust it;
- the right of removal: if we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which we received it, you have the right to ask us to remove it. Here are a few exceptions, such as our obligation to retain certain data for, for example, the tax authorities;
- the right of restriction: during the period in which we are in the process of determining whether your data must be rectified, determining the (un) lawfulness of data processing, determining whether data must be deleted or you have objected to the processing, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing;
- the right of data portability: at your request we must transfer all personal data that we have from you to you or another organization of your choice. You can only exercise this right if the data is processed on the basis of consent or agreement;
- the right of objection: if we process data on the grounds of legitimate interest or public interest, then it is possible to make an objection after which a weighing of interests will follow. In the case of direct marketing you always have the right of objection.
OTA takes the protection of personal data seriously. We take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and / or unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your personal data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at email@example.com
Submit a complaint to the competent authority: Authority Personal data
OTA believes it is important to have satisfied members, clients and stakeholders. Even though we do everything we can to achieve this, you may not be satisfied. It is possible to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority, when it comes to the protection of personal data.